An Advisory Committee is established to ensure the certification process is as transparent as possible.
The committee membership consists of representatives from various industry groups such as:
as well as each of the organizations participating in the scheme.
This is advisory committee whose responsibilities are to advise JAS-ANZ, as the owner of the Schemes, on the rules of the equipment and service facility schemes and ensure its smooth functioning. The day to day operation is delegated to an administrator to ensure all aspect are dealt with on a day by day basis.
The prime functions of the advisory committee are:
- The Advisory Committee recommends which category/type of Standards are covered by the ANZEx Scheme and the Administering Body maintains a list of these Standards.
- Oversight of the operation of the ANZEx Scheme through monitoring the performance of the Administering Body, ANZEx Certification Bodies, and ANZEx Testing Laboratories and accepting feedback from manufacturers, users, regulatory bodies installers and other stakeholders;
- Making suggestions about changes to the operation of the ANZEx Scheme as necessary to improve performance, direction, etc.;
- Encouraging promotion (both nationally and internationally) of the ANZEx System operations and objectives to all interested parties, including the benefits of bilateral uniformity in approach;
- Periodically reviewing the operations of the ANZEx Schemes to ensure a match between objectives and delivery;
- Recommending the setting and application of the criteria for the acceptance and appointment of Certification Bodies and Testing Laboratories seeking recognition to operate under the rules and procedures of the ANZEx Scheme;
- Maintaining a watching brief on international developments in the area of explosion protected electrical equipment (for example, in the development of IEC Standards and activities of the IEC Ex Scheme);
- Provide interpretations on any matter which may arise from the use of Publications MP87.1 & MP87.2;
- Oversee the operation of a Technical Subcommittee.